[Buildroot] Buildroot with Alsa-Lib Question

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Nov 18 13:58:46 UTC 2010

Hello Jon,

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:12:10 +0000
Jon Ambrose <jonathan.ambrose at live.uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

> Basically I am trying to get Flite 1.4 (Text synthesis application)
> working on my embedded Arm IGEP v2 Platform, using Buildroot.
>
> For this to work and my applications to cross compile, I need
> libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so located in /usr/lib/alsa-lib/ however
> nothing like that appears. This library I think is part of something
> called Pulse Audio. Which I don't think Buildroot offers does it?

As far as I understand, libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so is the ALSA
plugin that re-injects the sound output into PulseAudio. It allows
application written on top of ALSA to work nicely with PulseAudio. We
don't have a package for PulseAudio at the moment, but for your
project, you probably don't need it. You should tell your Flite
application to directly talk to ALSA devices, and not configure those
ALSA devices to loop back into PulseAudio.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons