[Buildroot] [git commit master] webkit: remove user visible rendering target selection

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed May 26 18:33:08 UTC 2010

 Thomas> On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:14:39 +0200
 Thomas> Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at sunsite.dk> wrote:

 >> +ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_XORG7),y)
 >> +	WEBKIT_CONF_OPT += --with-target=x11
 >> +	WEBKIT_DEPENDENCIES += xserver_xorg-server
 >> endif

 Thomas> Technically speaking, I don't think any X11 client applications
 Thomas> requires the server. Instead, it probably requires xlib_libX11 and
 Thomas> maybe some other additional libraries.

True, but currently we have this client == server relationship in BR for
the X11 stuff.

 Thomas> But, I admit that this isn't handled properly in all packages, and as
 Thomas> soon as one wants a X11 application, one probably also want the X
 Thomas> server as well, in most situations.

Normally yes, but this is something we could (should?) cleanup long term
imho.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard