[Buildroot] USB Ethernet register too late

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue May 25 06:53:15 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Péter" == Péter Stósz <peter.stosz at mentat.hu> writes:

 Péter> Hi!
 Péter> I have a custom SAM9261 board and USB Ethernet (Davicom  DM9601) adapter.
 Péter> (Kernels 2.6.30 and 2.6.33.2)
 Péter> What can I do, to DM9601 register well and state goes up, before the Ethernet(/
 Péter> IP) configuration started?

This has nothing to do with buildroot, questions like this belong on
netdev at vger.kernel.org. With that said, there's two things you can do:

- Either do dhcp/nfs mounting yourself in an initramfs
- Or tweak CONF_PRE_OPEN in net/ipv4/ipconfig.c to add a longer delay
  before it tries to open the device. You might need to change the
  msleep to a sslep like CONF_POST_OPEN if you make it too long.

This isn't anything specific to my dm9601 driver, but common for all
devices on async probed busses like USB.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard