[Buildroot] libintl.h: need a hint or two

Robert Urban urban at unix-beratung.de
Sun May 16 22:03:41 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to build a router/firewall system.  Thus I've chosen the ipsec-tools
and radvd packages.

These in turn have a dependency on flex.  The flex compile is failing with the
following error, when compiling "dfa.c":

In file included from flexdef.h:102,
                 from ccl.c:34:
gettext.h:26:22: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory

And it's right, there is no "libintl.h" under .../staging/usr/include/...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems I can only get libintl.h by turning
on first UCLIBC_MJN3_ONLY and then UCLIBC_HAS_GETTEXT_AWARENESS, but if
UCLIBC_MJN3_ONLY is enabled, I get slews of other errors...

I guess I'm doing something wrong.  Can someone help?

thanks,

Rob Urban