[Buildroot] Graphing package dependencies

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu May 13 18:21:07 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Thu, 6 May 2010 10:14:37 +0200
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> Following the question asked by Will yesterday, I just went ahead and
> implement a small tool that generates a graph of dependencies for a
> given package.

I've slightly improved this script, and it is now capable of generating
the dependency graph for a full Buildroot configuration, i.e taking
into account all packages that have been selected.

See http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/buildroot-full-dependencies.pdf
for a fairly large example involving X.org and Gtk.

As always, the code is available in
http://git.buildroot.net/~tpetazzoni/git/buildroot/log/?h=graph-dependencies.
Besides the modifications in the script itself, the modifications in
the rest of Buildroot are very small.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons