[Buildroot] uclibc .9.31 & usleep

Will Moore will.moore at beraninstruments.com
Wed May 5 14:00:42 UTC 2010

>  Sagaert> Hi
>  Sagaert> i tried to build a rootfs with the new uclibc 0.9.31
>
>  Sagaert> building gdb 6.7.1 failed complaining about usleep
>  Sagaert>  see also this link :
>
>  Sagaert> http://old.nabble.com/Problems-with-i686_defconfig-
> td28240927.html
>
>  Sagaert> Should i set something special in the new uclibc config ?
>
> Yes, ensure you're using the uclibc 0.9.31 defconfig
> (BR2_UCLIBC_CONFIG). It's the default for new configs, but if you are
> reusing an old config it might be wrong.

I had a similar problem when I reused my buildroot 2010.02 .config for
2010.05 rc1 and just hit return to all prompts to set missing options:
building gdbserver for the target failed with undefined reference to usleep.
When I started a new buildroot .config and used menuconfig to re-enter my
settings it built OK.