[Buildroot] init segfaults when compiled with glibc

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue Mar 30 13:20:44 UTC 2010

Sasha, All,

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 142701 Sasha Sirotkin wrote:
> I compiled an external toolchain with glibc support using crosstools-ng
> as recommended. I managed to compile buildroot without any issues.
> However, when I try to use the resulting image /sbin/init segfaults.
> With uclibc there are no such issues. I'm using the latest versions of
> everything on ARM with EABI.

By default, gcc will emit armv5t instructions. What's your target CPU?
init segfaulting can be a symptom of using a bad instruction set, so if
your CPU is armv4, and you did not tell gcc to default to armv4, then
you will hit this segfault issue.

regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |