[Buildroot] add application for an ARM

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Mar 2 11:07:01 UTC 2010

Hello Tony,

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:51:34 +0100
Tony Mozi <spooflinux at hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Currently, I do the cross-compilation of linux for an ARM.
> Well, I create some .exe like 'hello', ... and I need to do './hello'
> to execute it. It is not the problem. I want to use the power of the
> ARM, like a Timer but I have no idea how to do. For example, I want
> to use a Timer in order to flash a Led. Have you got an idea? a
> documentation?? a readme? BR

Sorry, but this question is out-of-topic on the Buildroot mailing list.
I'll give some answers, but please use other lists or forums for this
type of questions.

However, you may want to have a look at the documentation of the C
library, that you can use in your applications. See
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/index.html> for the
reference documentation. For an introduction, I'd suggest to buy some
"Linux system programming" book.

Concerning the LED, if your LED is properly supported by the kernel, it
has a corresponding directory in sysfs.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons