[Buildroot] buildroot toolchain builds segfaulting statically linked executables

Sander in 't Hout sander.ashwin at live.nl
Wed Jun 30 13:21:28 UTC 2010

Hello all,
I'm trying to build a statically linked busybox, but when I run it on the target machine, it immediately segfaults.I use buildroot version 2010.05, my target is i586. I also tried buildroot's default settings and the latest git revision.
It happens with every statically linked executables (udev, sysvinit). Dynamically linked executables run just fine.
My host is Fedora 13 x64.
Does anyone have an idea why statically linked executables segfault?
Thanks,Sander in 't Hout