[Buildroot] [git commit master 1/1] initramfs: update help text

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jun 28 07:22:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

 >> Or a directory containing the hierarchy of files/directories to include
 >> in the initramfs.

 Grant> You're right.  I'd mis-read the help for the initramfs option.
 Grant> Doesn't that means you have to do one step of the build as root?
 Grant> I don't think I that's a viable option.

Either that, use fakeroot or use the cpio target.

 >>> It works fine the way it is.  What's the reason for disabling the
 >>> buildign of a cpio file source list?
 >>
 >> It was to fix bug #2119.

 Grant> I currently build with the initramfs option without having to build a
 Grant> kernel. Isn't there some way to fix bug 2119 without breaking a use
 Grant> case for existing users?

Yes, we could make the:

ROOTFS_INITRAMFS_POST_TARGETS += linux26-rebuild-with-initramfs

conditional on the kernel being built or not, but why are we having both
a cpio and initramfs target in the first place?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard