[Buildroot] Question concerning buildroot-libtool.patch

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jun 24 07:25:58 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 00:57:46 +0200
Peter Hüwe <PeterHuewe at gmx.de> wrote:

> It used to work with an older version of Buildroot (~ git 2010-05-14) - but as
> far as I can see nothing has changed on the patch / or the pidgin source I've
> used.

I don't see how it's possible that the same patch doesn't apply on the
same codebase as before. Our buildroot-libtool.patch hasn't changed for
years. Something must have changed somewhere :)

> Any ideas how I can fix this? Unfortunately I'm not that into the whole
> buildroot system (yet, but I'd like to learn and contribute to it).

You can use

<pkg>_LIBTOOL_PATCH=NO to disable the buildroot-libtool.patch on this
specific <pkg>.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons