[Buildroot] Question concerning buildroot-libtool.patch

Peter Hüwe PeterHuewe at gmx.de
Wed Jun 23 22:57:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just tried to bump pidgin/finch (instant messenger I've send a patch a whole
ago) to 2.7.1 but unfortunately building it fails while patching the
ltmain.sh.

>>>   Patching libtool

Applying buildroot-libtool.patch using plaintext:
patching file ltmain.sh
Hunk #1 FAILED at 273.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 5560.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 5904.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 8076 with fuzz 1 (offset 2453 lines).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 8401.
4 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ltmain.sh.rej
Patch failed!  Please fix buildroot-libtool.patch!
make: *** [/avr/buildroot/output/build/pidgin-2.7.0/.stamp_patched] Error 1

It used to work with an older version of Buildroot (~ git 2010-05-14) - but as
far as I can see nothing has changed on the patch / or the pidgin source I've
used.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Unfortunately I'm not that into the whole
buildroot system (yet, but I'd like to learn and contribute to it).

It seems to compile fine without this patch (although I've not tested the
binary)

Thanks,
Peter