[Buildroot] On strip and debugging symbols

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jun 23 10:02:24 UTC 2010

 >> Would these wrappers then set sysroot? That could perhaps work. I
 >> wonder if the shell overhead would be significant.

 Thomas> Yes, these wrappers would set sysroot.

 Thomas> I'm not sure the cost of a shell wrapper is significant compared to the
 Thomas> cost of the compilation process itself (which already does quite a few
 Thomas> forks to run the preprocessor, the compiler, the assembler, etc.).

 Thomas> So, what would be the conclusion of this ?

Give the wrappers a try, I would say.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard