[Buildroot] Perl for buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 22 06:57:55 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:04:45 -0700
mike <mike-buildroot at tiedyenetworks.com> wrote:

>     So microperl doesn't do everything I'd want and anyways I would
> really rather have a more full perl implementation along with more libs
> and a newer rev and such, but building perl for a cross compiled
> environment (especially on 5.12.2) seems excessively hairy. Does anyone
> have a working makefile for buildroot for perl? It seems openwrt does
> have a fairly complete perl build along with many numerous modules but
> this doesn't look very easy to port over either so I'm hoping to cheat
> and find a good makefile for it.

I had a look at our bug tracker for pending patches, and we don't seem
to have any pending patch for full Perl support. I've also look at our
mailing list archives: a few people have been asking for full Perl
support since quite some time, but it doesn't seem that anyone actually
did the job.

So I think you're good to go :-)

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons