[Buildroot] package/games/Config.in usage

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jun 17 20:51:13 UTC 2010

 >> Me too.

 Thomas> Why not, but in that case, we need non ambiguous names. I'm
 Thomas> referring to the recent introduction of several Lua packages:
 Thomas> some of them have fairly common names:

 Thomas>  http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=50d6f2dde4db8c9d042294a09d5e8e120aec9987

 Thomas> Maybe they should be named "lua-XXX" instead ?

Yes, sorry I forgot to answer your mail on this. It is not only the
directory name, but also the BR2_PACKAGE_* symbol that need to be
specific enough.

 Thomas> Another strategy would be to mimick in the directory layout the
 Thomas> organization of options in the menuconfig.

I find it quite handy to do a quick cd package/<package> when I need to
fix something in a package, without having to start make menuconfig to
figure out in what sub directory it is - The current package/multimedia
stuff kind of bothers me.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard