[Buildroot] package/games/Config.in usage

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jun 17 20:27:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:49:27 +0200
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

>  Julien> Hello,
>  Julien> it seems package/games/Config.in is not used. Indeed package/Config.in
>  Julien> do not "source" it but copy its content (line 76).
>
>  Julien> What is the actual philosophy in BR: regroup packages by "classes" (ex
>  Julien> games, multimedia...) in package/ subdirs and then source these
>  Julien> sub-Config.in in package/Config.in or put all packages in package/ and
>  Julien> organize the stuff in package/Config.in ?
>  Julien> (I prefer the second one)
>
> Me too.

Why not, but in that case, we need non ambiguous names. I'm referring
to the recent introduction of several Lua packages: some of them have
fairly common names:

 http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=50d6f2dde4db8c9d042294a09d5e8e120aec9987

Maybe they should be named "lua-XXX" instead ?

Another strategy would be to mimick in the directory layout the
organization of options in the menuconfig.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons