[Buildroot] Buildroot 2010.05-rc3 released :: 2 build errors - lockfile-progs & gdb

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 15 07:10:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 04:30:22 +1000
Microbit_Ubuntu <microbit at virginbroadband.com.au> wrote:

> 2010.05 builds 100% fine now, except for the little snag with the gdb
> symlink. I'll see if I can figure out what the common denominator is,
> but I'm a bit stumped.
>
> I find I still have to manually insert the folder
> 'arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi' with 'bin' as a subfolder under
> buildroot-2010.05/output/staging/usr

Can you give a .config or reproduction steps for this ?

> (ext toolchain built with CT-NG 1.6.1, alias used is 'arm-elf-xxx'

FWIW, arm-elf is a prefix typically used for bare-metal toolchains, but
here you're doing an uClibc/Linux toolchain, which is fairly different.
It probably doesn't cause particular problems but might be confusing.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons