[Buildroot] [Re: Valgrind compilation, with patch 3.5.0, need help]

Damien Borie dbe at terawatt.fr
Tue Jun 15 07:07:58 UTC 2010

My architecture is x86.

It's not me that say that Valgrind depends on glibc version, it's the
log...I have only added valgrind in my configuration and launch 'make
source' and 'make'. The package is downloaded without problem but during
compilation, there is a test on glibc version number. I can see it in
'configure.in' file. And it say me that Valgrind need glibc version 2.2
to 2.5. I use 2.9.

So, I tried to compile Valgrind version 3.5.0. I only change the version
number in Config.in file (in package/valgrind/). 'make source' cause the
package download without problems. Then 'make' doesn't cause error but
it try to apply a patch ('valgrind-largefile patch'). This patch modify
a file 'coregrind/m_ume.c' and ask me to type a path to a file to patch,
with no others precisions.
So I don't know how to type here. And if I ignore, the compilation end
with an error (saying that I must apply the patch).

Any idea?

Damien Borie

TERAWATT / AENERGIA S.A.S.
ZA DUBOSCOA