[Buildroot] Valgrind compilation, with patch 3.5.0, need help

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jun 14 15:37:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:10:41 +0200
Damien Borie <dbe at terawatt.fr> wrote:

> I Have to add Valgrind to my distribution to debug my programs. The
> version in buildroot doesn't compile because it needs glibc 2.2 -2.5,
> and I have 2.9. So I tried with the patch to bump to Valgrind 3.5.0.
> But it ask me fro a file to patch, and I don't understand what I must
> type to apply correctly the patch and compile Valgrind. In the match
> itself, I cannot see indications about this file to choose.

What is your target architecture ? Remember that Valgrind only works on
x86, x86_64 and PowerPC 32/64.

Moreover, I don't really see how Valgrind in Buildroot would depend on
a particular version of glibc. Can you be more specific about what
you're doing and the exact result of the commands you're using ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons