[Buildroot] Linux from file in buildroot with external toolchain

Andy Gibbs andyg1001 at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 12:56:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using buildroot 2010.05 with an external toolchain (actually
crosstool-ng) and I am finding it very difficult to find the setting to take
the linux source code from a local file.  If I use the buildroot toolchain
instead, then under the Toolchain menu and Kernel Headers sub-menu I can
select a local linux snapshot and then, under the Kernal menu select to use
the same linux version as used for the headers.  This works.

However, when using the external toolchain, it doesn't seem possible to do
this -- I expect that I have missed something really obvious, but a good
while Googling, trying things and failing, and I can't find it.

Can anyone point me right?

Many thanks
Andy