[Buildroot] buildroot and sh4

Philippe Reynes tremyfr at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 4 22:12:51 UTC 2010

Hi

I've checked my additionnal gcc options, and here the result :

If I don't add --with-multilib-list=m4,m4-nofpu, the kernel compilation fails with
the following error :

make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/trem/mes_codes/buildroot/temp/buildroot/output/build/linux-2.6.33.4 »
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  UPD     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
  UPD     include/generated/utsrelease.h
  Generating include/generated/machtypes.h
  CC      kernel/bounds.s
cc1: error: command line option '-m4-nofpu' is not supported by this configuration
cc1: error: command line option '-m4-nofpu' is not supported by this configuration
make[2]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [prepare0] Erreur 2
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/trem/mes_codes/buildroot/temp/buildroot/output/build/linux-2.6.33.4 »
make: *** [/home/trem/mes_codes/buildroot/temp/buildroot/output/build/linux-2.6.33.4/.depend_done] Erreur 2

If I add --with-multilib-list=m4,m4-nofpu, the kernel compilation works fine.

As others, I think that adding a directory target/device/qemu, and give
a working configuration for building an image that run on qemu is a nice idea.
I add the sh architecture to my todo list.

Philippe