[Buildroot] AVR32 is broken (toolchain)

Peter Hüwe PeterHuewe at gmx.de
Tue Jul 27 20:39:45 UTC 2010

Maybe CC or write to avr32 at atmel.com ?

> On the Atmel website, it is possible to download a single zip file that
> contains tarballs for gcc, gdb, binutils and newlib. Having that in a
> single zip file is very unpractical for build systems like Buildroot.
Yeah. But since I guess it is all gpl licenced software, wouldn't it be
possible for the buildroot team to download the zip, repack it in single zips
and host/mirror them on the buildroot mirrors? Or atleast the toolchain parts
of the zip?

I know it's not a good option, but maybe it would ease the life of the
buildroot devs (i.e. you and peter :P)

>Moreover, having to register on the website (name, address, phone
> number and all the stuff) is even more inconvenient.

I know that form, and even if it looks like it is mandatory, it is not, just
click continue - even hotlinking would be possible.

Thanks,
Peter