[Buildroot] AVR32 is broken (toolchain)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 27 15:17:54 UTC 2010

Hello Peter,

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 03:14:14 +0200
Peter Hüwe <PeterHuewe at gmx.de> wrote:

> I just tried to compile the atngw100_defconfig using your patch and
> the latest git repo but unfortunately it fails while building host-lzo

host-lzo is built for the host, so it's quite unlikely that any AVR32
change can have an impact on it.

> configure: loading cache /avr/buildroot/output/build/host-config.cache
> configure: Configuring LZO 2.03
> checking build system type... (cached) x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... (cached) x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking target system type... config.sub: missing argument
> Try `config.sub --help' for more information.

It sounds like the autoconf host-config.cache has been filled with an
empty value for --target.

Can you show the contents
of /avr/buildroot/output/build/host-config.cache after the failure, and
can you post the *full* build log somewhere ?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons