[Buildroot] ncurses: build freezes without error with v5.7

Mitch Davis mjd+buildroot at afork.com
Fri Jul 16 01:28:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Quotient Remainder
<quotientvremainder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ar Aoine, 2010-07-16 ag 02:33 +1000, scríobh Mitch Davis:

>> > Yes, same result.
>>
>> Good.  Now what happens if you run tic manually from the command line
>> under gdb?  If you wait until it hangs, then press ^C, then run "bt"
>> in gdb, what happens?  (You may like to install debug info for tic.
>> In Fedora, I'd do this:
>>

> Unfortunately I don't have root on this machine so debug symbols are not
> available.

If you're keen you can grab the debug RPM and use rpm2cpio to extract
the contents, then point gdb at it.  It would be nice to know the line
of code at 0x0055d2e5...

Yes it looks like a problem with the RHEL tic command.  Since it
appears that tic is being found on your path, is there a chance that
you can compile ncurses for yourself (--prefix=$HOME or similar) and
use that tic instead?

Mitch.