[Buildroot] ncurses: build freezes without error with v5.7

Quotient Remainder quotientvremainder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:44:18 UTC 2010

Ar Aoine, 2010-07-16 ag 00:30 +1000, scríobh Mitch Davis:

Thanks for the links, will read.

> If you run this from the command line (ie, not via buildroot), what
> happens?  Does it still hang?

Yes, same result.

> Are you able to find out whether the
> tic that's being called is from buildroot, or the tic installed as
> part of your host operating system?  (adding "type -p tic" before tic
> is called will show this).

As far as I know, host-tic isn't built so it has to be using the one
installed on the system (remember, I'm cross compiling so the main
buildroot tic is no use to me for RFS generation).

        + type -p tic
        /usr/bin/tic

That confirms that.

> That's really odd... as if the system call isn't returning.  Never
> mind, I look forward to seeing the results of the above tests.

Here's another potentially relevant bit of information.  System is RHEL5
and:
        $ yum provides /usr/bin/tic
        ncurses-5.5-24.20060715.i386 : A terminal handling library
        Repo        : installed

I wonder if this 5.5 version of tic is too old to handle something in
the terminfo file generated by 5.7 or something?