[Buildroot] init: I won't write compressed data to a terminal.

Ossy ossy1980 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 6 22:16:46 UTC 2010

Hi buildroot mailinglist,

After successfully compiling a whole rootfs and mounting it via loop on
some nfs export I started my arm ebedded device and ran into tho
following error after booting the image via tftp.

"init: I won't write compressed data to a terminal."

The bootargs include a console=ttyS0,115200 and rootfs over nfs options.
I guess there is is an issue with the built in zip/bzip compression.
But why is the init process not able to output to the terminal?
After that error, the kernel panics, so I can't boot into my brand new
rootfs. (The search function of the mailinglist didn't give a hint...)

Thanks for your help,
Marcus