[Buildroot] Kernel build process

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 1 06:45:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:22:55 +1000
"Paul Jones" <paul at pauljones.id.au> wrote:

> Good point. I guess if we tell the user to run "make
> linux26-menuconfig" that would be just as good.

Or to give a configuration file or defconfig name. The problem with
"make linux26-menuconfig" is that the configuration of the kernel will
be stored in output/build/linux-..../.config, and being part of the
output/ directory, it will be removed if the user doesn't save it
elsewhere.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons