[Buildroot] obtaining linux kernel from git

William Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Tue Jan 12 10:01:59 UTC 2010

On 11/01/2010 21:50, Grant Likely wrote:
> I posted a patch doing this a while ago, but I didn't pursue it and it
> didn't get merged.
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2008-October/023215.html

The patch looks great. The only thing I think could be improved is
setting BR2_LINUX26_VERSION. Need this so that BR2_PACKAGE_LINUX_KCONFIG
gets set to something sensible (default is
$(BR2_BOARD_PATH)/$(BR2_BOARD_NAME)-linux-$(BR2_LINUX26_VERSION).config).

Not sure what it would be best to set BR2_LINUX26_VERSION to, could just
be "git" although if you specify a different branch I think that might
be better

Will resubmit some patches once I'm done.

Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA