[Buildroot] MTD build failing: undefined ref's to bcopy, bcmp

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:30:30 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-07, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-01-07, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
>> Le Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:02:31 +0000 (UTC),
>> Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> a ??crit :
>>
>>> I patched the bug in the mtd package so it's now building, but
>>> it won't run:
>>>
>>>    # flash_info
>>>    flash_info: can't load library 'libgcc_s.so.1'
>>>
>>> libgcc_s.so.1 appears in the staging directory,
>>>
>>>    $ find . -name libgcc_s*
>>>    ./output/staging/usr/arm-linux-uclibc/lib/libgcc_s.so
>>>    ./output/staging/usr/arm-linux-uclibc/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
>>>
>>> but it's not present in the target filesystem.
>>
>> Are you using a buildroot-generated toolchain or an external toolchain ?
>
> Yes. :)
>
> It's an external toolchain that was generated by buildtoot.

The problem is that buildroot expects to find libgcc,
libstdc++, et al in $(SYSROOT)/lib

That's not where buildroot puts them.

Buildroot puts them in $(SYSROOT)/usr/arm-linux-uclibc/lib

Apparently, toolchains built by Buildroot aren't suitable for
use as external toolchains without some post-build massaging.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I brought my BOWLING
                                  at               BALL -- and some DRUGS!!