[Buildroot] [git commit master] xfont_font-util: convert to the autotools infrastructure

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Feb 24 20:46:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

 >> Why? Isn't xfont-utils a bunch of programs to run on the target? Staging
 >> is normally for libs.

 Paulius> Well now we have:

 >> XFONT_FONT_UTIL_POST_INSTALL_STAGING_HOOKS += XFONT_FONT_UTIL_POST_INSTALL_FIXES

 Paulius> Why do we need POST_INSTALL_STAGING hook when we installed
 Paulius> only to TARGET?

True. The package used to only install into staging dir before Thomas'
commit, which also doesn't make much sense - Thomas?

 >> $(eval $(call AUTOTARGETS,package/x11r7,xfont_font-util))

 Paulius> Actually I believe it was installed in to staging for some reason...

Presumably yes, but I don't right away see why.

 Paulius> I have ~200 patches (will post them soon :)) to update X.Org
 Paulius> to 7.5 and I had to change post-install.sh script to new
 Paulius> location for pkg-config or else it would fail building
 Paulius> fonts... if I remember correctly.

Sounds good!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard