[Buildroot] Build failure on msgfmt

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Dec 20 16:17:48 UTC 2010

 Thomas> This is because your gettext package from your distribution is
 Thomas> too old, and msgfmt doesn't understand some newer keywords of
 Thomas> the libglib2 .po files.

 Thomas> Peter, maybe we should build gettext for the host instead of
 Thomas> relying on the distribution msgfmt ? What do you think ? Or
 Thomas> should be add a check to verify that msgfmt is sufficiently
 Thomas> recent ?

Like always, it's a question about pros/cons:

- How many packages need it?
- How uncommon is the dependency? Are there any version dependencies?
- How long does it take to build? Does it have a lot of dependencies?

If gettext comes out positive, then I don't have any issue adding it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard