[Buildroot] qemu_ppc_g3beige_defconfig kernel image type (with patch)

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 09:08:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 20 December 2010 08:58, Thomas Petazzoni
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:04:05 +0100
> Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just realized that QEMU handles uImage very well, but I think the
>> patch is still valid.
>
> Hum, zImage wasn't working for me on Qemu PowerPC. I'll re-test.

Well, I haven't actually tested the zImage/uImage on PPC myself because
qemu-system-ppc seems broken on Ubuntu 10.10:

  qemu: hardware error: qemu: could not load PowerPC bios 'openbios-ppc'

So my patch may be wrong and linux/Config.in should allow vmlinux for
PPC instead. I don't know.
The point is that the current defconfig file gets overridden. And that
should get fixed, one way or the other.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman