[Buildroot] qemu_ppc_g3beige_defconfig kernel image type (with patch)

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 15:42:35 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm testing the new qemu_*_defconfig files (brilliant stuff!) but I think I have
found a bug:

qemu_ppc_g3beige_defconfig defines BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_VMLINUX=y, but after
configuration the .config file ends up with BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_UIMAGE=y.

According to linux/Config.in it seems like BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_VMLINUX is only
supported on MIPS. I've attached a patch that changes the kernel format
from vmlinux to zImage, as uImage is no good with QEMU :-)

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman