[Buildroot] skeleton updates

Steve Calfee nospamcalfee at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 06:46:42 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I am trying to follow up with Marcus Osdoba's work on dockstar and get something
ready to submit to buildroot.

I am having a real problem figuring out how stuff makes it into the the final
etc directory. My patch script in the
target/device/sheevaplug/SeagateDockStar/patchrootfs.sh copies new files
(inittab and shadow into output/target/skeleton/etc/ and this happens on
re-invocation of make. However when I look at the rootfs.tar file the updated
inittab is not there. Can anyone describe how the various /etc/ files in
fs/skeleton and target/device/...skeleton and the final patch file get to the
final output image files.

Thanks, Steve