[Buildroot] [pull request v2] Pull request for branch for-2011.02/fix-ccache-support

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Dec 6 15:08:17 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Bjørn" == Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Bjørn> Actually, I am currently working on a CMAKETARGETS macro (similar to
 Bjørn> AUTOTARGETS) and decided to write a patch that takes --sysroot out of
 Bjørn> TARGET_CC and move it to the {C,CXX}FLAGS variables, to make CMake
 Bjørn> happy. I've been meaning to post the patch series but I don't feel
 Bjørn> it's ready to be merged yet. How do the Buildroot developers feel
 Bjørn> about

 Bjørn> a) moving --sysroot from TARGET_CC to {C,CXX}FLAGS

It afaik got moved in the first place to fix issues with external
toolchains (E.G. where sysroot is important) and various configure
scripts not using CFLAGS, so I don't think this will work.

Perhaps we should simply bite the bullet and add simple shell wrappers
in HOST_DIR / STAGING_DIR for gcc/g++/ld which add --sysroot when we're
using an external toolchain, and then get rid of --sysroot in TARGET_CC.

 Bjørn> b) add CMAKETARGETS infrastructure

Sounds good!

 Bjørn> If this sounds interesting I can post the patches for review.

Yes, please.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard