[Buildroot] package/atk/atk.mk:43: *** recipe commences before first target. Stop.

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Aug 30 15:01:22 UTC 2010

James, All,

On Monday 30 August 2010 16:46:25 James J. Dines wrote:
> That patch indeed gets things rolling.  For further edification it
[--SNIP--]
> Can anyone offer a good/thorough
> explanation of what is going on by any chance, or do I have to figure it
> out the old fashioned way?

Well, in this case, it had nothing to do with make-3.82. It was 'just' a
variable definition that was spanning multiple lines, and did not have a
back-slash at the end of one of those lines, so the next line was interpreted
by make as a recipe without rule.

If you're suggesting that make-3.81 was not choking on this line, then this
would have been a bug in make (which I doubt...).

Or I mis-interpreted your message... :-/

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.