[Buildroot] uImage build error

Marcus Osdoba marcus.osdoba at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:54:03 UTC 2010

  Am 25.08.2010 23:41, schrieb Choi, David:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to buildroot. The version that I use is v2010.05(stable version)
>
> As you see the attached, I almost the default value except mips(little
> endian mode).
>
> My Linux version is 2.6.33.5(default version) and configuration is
> tb0229_defconfig.
>
> Whenever I have tried to build uImage, I have gotten an error message
> saying "make[1]: *** No rule to make target `uImage`. Stop.
>
> (Even though I have tried with v2010.08(rc1), I had the same error
> message)

Hi,

Make sure to run 2010.08(rc1) or higher (there were some patches in the
past concerning kernel image building). Please activate the U-Boot
bootloader. This should compile a mkimage which will be needed for
creating an uImage.
 >make menuconfig (activate u-boot and/or kernel building if you want this)
 >make

( Are you trying to run make uImage after deflating? This is not the
linux kernel. Buildroot is an independant project.
Please read docu page first:
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/buildroot.html )

Regards,
Marcus