[Buildroot] /dev/bus/usb on BR

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Apr 26 07:02:15 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Nataraj" == Nataraj S Narayan <natarajsn at gmail.com> writes:

 Nataraj> Hi
 Nataraj> I am on BR git latest.

 Nataraj> I am connecting a Upek fingerprint device to my At91sam9263ek SBC with
 Nataraj> linux-2.6.32 and BR file system using glibc based Codesourcery
 Nataraj> external toolchain.

 Nataraj> Adding the device doesn't add nodes into /proc/bus/usb even though i
 Nataraj> get the following after connecting device.

Your title said /dev/bus/usb, but here you say /proc - /proc/bus/usb is
handled by usbfs, whereas /dev/bus/usb is handled by udev/mdev. Which
one do you mean?

 Nataraj> The same code works well on qemu emulated arm-linux libc
 Nataraj> system ,where the usb system got /dev/bus/usb with populated
 Nataraj> nodes.

What's the difference between that rootfs and this one? Does it work on
your AT91 if you use the qemu rootfs?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard