[Buildroot] makedev questions

William Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Tue Apr 20 10:37:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

Just trying to get everything working again following recent changes in
git. After the makedev change I have a couple of questions.

Should the default value for BR2_PACKAGE_MAKEDEVS not be y? Without it
you get a rootfs without any device nodes. Or am I missing something?

Also am I right to think that TARGET_DEVICE_TABLE has been removed?
There still appears to be a reference to it at
package\busybox\initramfs.mk(106): echo "$(HOST_DIR)/usr/bin/makedevs -d
$(TARGET_DEVICE_TABLE) $(BUILD_DIR)/initramfs"; \

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA