[Buildroot] codesourcery as external toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Apr 17 15:07:52 UTC 2010

Hello,

Please reply to the Buildroot mailing-list and not to me directly,
thanks!

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:57:19 +0200
Atom Proton <atomx01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. I'm apply your changes, and now is working
> arm-none-linux-gnueabi toolchain ( tested version:
> http://www.codesourcery.com/downloads/public/gnu_toolchain/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-2009q3-67-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2).

Great!

> But I wont use uClibc (arm-uclinuxeabi toolchain), and this is don't
> working now. I have tested
> http://www.codesourcery.com/downloads/public/gnu_toolchain/arm-uclinuxeabi/arm-2009q1-163-arm-uclinuxeabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2.
> Here is the output of compilation with arm-uclinuxeabi toolchain:

This is not a Linux/uClibc toolchain, but a uClinux toolchain. It
generates FLAT binaries, for no-MMU targets. This type of toolchain is
currently unsupported in Buildroot, because we don't have support for
no-MMU (it might be added in the future, but we don't have it at the
moment).

I don't think CodeSourcery provides Linux/uClibc toolchains. If you
want one, I think you have no other solutions that building your own,
using Crosstool-NG.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons