[Buildroot] [pull request] Pull request for branch fs-cleanup

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Apr 9 12:54:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 11:20:37 +0200
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

>  Thomas> This patchset implements a major rework of the code that
>  Thomas> generates the root filesystem generation. It is part of a more
>  Thomas> general work that aims at cleaning up the contents of the
>  Thomas> target/ directory.
>
>  Thomas> Each patch has a description detailing its changes but here is
>  Thomas> the list of the major steps that this patch set goes through :
>
> Looks very good, thanks!

Thanks. As I said, there are probably some issues left here and there,
but that's not the scariest part of the target/ directory cleanup :-)

> The squashfs 4.0 filesystem exists for 1 year now, so it's quite new
> (and tied to kernel versions) - Aren't we leaving people with older
> kernels out in the cold?
>
> Maybe now is the time to get rid of the old version, I don't know - But
> 3.4 was not marked as deprecated (only recent) in 2010.02.

As discussed on IRC, I've sent a new pull request for my "squashfs3"
branch which re-introduces squashfs 3.x support, marked as
BR2_DEPRECATED.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons