[Buildroot] External toolchain built by buildroot no longer supported.

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 18:10:02 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-06, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
> Grant,
>
> On Tuesday 06 April 2010 16:41:05 Grant Edwards wrote:
>> I've been using external toolchains built by buildroot since it's so
>> much simpler than using crosstool-NG: you don't have to build and
>> install buildroot like you do crosstool-NG, and I already have
>> buildroot under source control.  Now I'll also have to place
>> crosstool-NG (both sources and installed files) under version control.
>
> There is also what I call "the hacker's way" to use crostool-NG, where there
> is no need to install it, and hwere you can run from the source tree.

Yup, I found that right after I posted that message.  That would make
version control simpler.

> PS. Oh, and by the way, the canonical address for the mailing list
>     is: buildroot at busybox.net (at least
>     it's advertised as such on the ML webpage, in the List- headers,
>     and in the welcome message).

I post via gmane.org's nntp server.  If it's posting to the wrong
address, let me know and I'll contact gmane's admin to try to get it
fixed.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My face is new, my
                                  at               license is expired, and I'm