[Buildroot] Enabling oprofiler package on buildroot-2009.08 (MIPS cross-compilation)

Joe tech joetech20 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:14:55 UTC 2009

I have downloaded the latest buildroot (version 2009.08) and have
crosscompiled it for Mips32 arch. I am using the latest packages, gcc 4.3.3,
binutils 2.19.1, uClibc-0.9.30.1 &  busybox-1.14.3. Now, I am trying to
enable the oprofiler package. But i am not succesful in getting the
oprofiler package compiled. On enabling oprofiler package, i get the error
"libbfd is not supported". I have verified that libbfd.so is not created in
the binutils directory.
Any idea on how to get out of this issue? which is the best way to resolve
this dependency?
I am stuck with this error for quiet sometime and not able to proceed
further. Request some help from any of the users. I suppose, this is the
best mailing list to get support on buildroot related issues. Let me know if
you think there a better forum wherein i can put forward this issue.

Regards,
Joe.