[Buildroot] [buildroot 0003714]: oprofile doesn't build because bfd

Joe tech joetech20 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 07:29:07 UTC 2009

I face the same issue as reported here, “oprofile doesn't build
because bfd library not found”. I could not find the mentioned patch.
Is there a way to access the patch or any known fix for this issue? I
understand the issue is because, binutils are not generating .so
files. I am using buildroot-2009.08 (as downloaded from busy box url,
including the same version of gcc, uclibc ,busybox etc ) with 2.6.28
Linux kernel.

It would be great if someone can extend me a helping hand here at the earliest.

Regards,
Joe