[Buildroot] busybox question

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Oct 28 19:36:06 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Roman" == Roman Chertov <rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu> writes:

 Roman> Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >>>>>>> "Roman" == Roman Chertov <rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu> writes:

 Roman> Hello,
 Roman> I have an ARM920T board that I am trying to get going with buildroot and
 Roman> uClibc.  I managed to compile the kernel, and it boots up to the point
 Roman> where the login must happen.  Nothing happens at that point.  However,
 Roman> the machine runs as I can ping it.  I have tried to init=/bin/sh
 Roman> init=/bin/ethtool, but I did not get any output to indicate that
 Roman> something started.

 >> And you have set console= to something sensible? What is the last output
 >> you get from the kernel?

 Roman> console=ttyAM0,115200 ip=dhcp noinitrd root=/dev/nfs init=/sbin/init
 Roman> nfsroot=192.168.0.1:/proj/tools/buildroot-2009.08/project_build_arm/uclibc/root/

That's your problem then - The files under project_build_arm/uclibc/root
don't have the right permissions and device nodes are not
created. Instead select tarball under target filesystem options, and
unpack it as root on your NFS server.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard