[Buildroot] Autoconf still not building (M4 ) ubuntu / debian shells

Sagaert Johan sagaert.johan at skynet.be
Mon Oct 26 23:45:30 UTC 2009

Hi

I checked my debian 5 and my ubuntu 8.10  for their shell :

Both have the same bash version :  /bin/bash --version  shows version
3.2.39(1)-release ......

Both machines have SHELL=/bin/bash in the environment vars.

BUT : on my debian /bin/sh  is a sl to /bin/bash

on the UBUNTU 8.10  /bin/sh is a sl to /bin/dash !!

just wondering why the env.. var is pointing to /bin/bash ?

I changed the softlink on my UBUNTU to point to /bin/bash  and all builds
are perfect now !!!

Lesson learned : get rid of dash  :)

This was a nasty one.

Johan