[Buildroot] libstdc++ with external toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Oct 25 21:21:36 UTC 2009

Hello Marco,

Le Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:51:40 +0200,
Marco Braga <marco.braga at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I am successfully using buildroot-2009.08 with external toolchain from
> CodeSourcery, but I have a problem with the "Build/install c++
> compiler and libstdc++?" option that sets BR2_INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP.
> Basically the libstdc++ is not installed because buildroot expects
> this to be in "lib" directory of the toolchain instead of "usr/lib"
> (as is in CodeSourcery's toolchain for ARM).
>
> I'd like to understand if this is the expected behavior or it is a
> bug.

Supporting all sort of external toolchains is difficult, and I
initially started adding external toolchain support to Buildroot by
testing toolchains generated by Crosstool-NG. Supporting Codesourcery
toolchains is on my TODO-list.

Could you submit a bug report so that I can keep track of this issue,
and fix it when I'll work again on Codesourcery toolchains support ?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.