[Buildroot] Autoconf still not building (M4 ) results

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Oct 24 06:21:01 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Sagaert" == Sagaert Johan <sagaert.johan at skynet.be> writes:

 Sagaert> Hi
 Sagaert> The logfile with ok suffix is the one run manually.

 Sagaert> The PATH is diffferent when running through buildroot make compared with
 Sagaert> manual run of ./configure with the same options.

Exactly, that's the whole point. We build our own m4 version in
output/host/usr/bin. Maybe a fix is to upgrade our m4 version, but I
would prefer to understand the problem first.

 Sagaert> I still have no explanation why this 'bug' does not show up on my debian
 Sagaert> machine.

Presumably because Ubuntu is odd/different/newer than other dists?

The config.log output is not very verbose, so you'll need to do the
configure tests by hand to see what fails - E.G.:

output/usr/vin/m4 -F conftest.m4f </dev/null should not output anything
and produce a conftest.m4f file.

echo 'changequote(<,>)indir(<ifdef>,mac,bug)patsubst(a,\(b\)\|\(a\),\1)dnl' |\
 output/host/usr/bin/m4 --trace=mac

should not output anything.

Could you test that?

--