[Buildroot] Buildroot Developer Day and Buildroot at ELCE

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Oct 12 14:46:10 UTC 2009

Hello,

Buildroot Developer Day
=======================

A month ago, I announced that the first Buildroot Developer Day was
going to happen on Saturday, 17th October in Grenoble, right after ELCE
and opened the candidatures for this Developer Day.

Eight people will participe to this Developer Day:

 * Peter Korsgaard, Buildroot maintainer

 * Will Newton, Buildroot contributor

 * Matt Fleming, colleague of Will, using and developing Buildroot even
   if Will is the one contributing patches back to the project for the
   moment

 * Gregory Hermant, works for Calao Systems, the company hosting the
   Developer Day. They sell nice small hardware boards and they use
   Buildroot as their BSP

 * Julien Boibessot, works for Armadeus, which is both a non-profit and
   a company selling a board containing an i.MX CPU and a FPGA and
   building a community around this board. They use Buildroot as their
   BSP

 * Yann E. Morin, maintainer of Crosstool-NG, a tool that generates
   cross-compilation toolchains

 * Albin Tonnerre, previously intern at Free Electrons, interested in
   Buildroot development

 * myself, Free Electrons, Buildroot contributor

This Buildroot Developer Day is sponsored by Calao Systems (providing
the offices where we will meet) and Free Electrons (providing free
lunch for all participants, as well as organization logistics).

We will of course post on this list the conclusion of this event so
that Buildroot contributors that could not come will be able to review
and participate in the decisions and discussions.

Buildroot at ELCE
=================

During Embedded Linux Conference Europe, Buildroot will also be
present :

 * During the Buildroot BOF on Thursday afternoon. We will take this
   opportunity to discuss with our users and see what they need in
   Buildroot.

   See
   http://www.embeddedlinuxconference.com/elc_europe09/sessions.html#Korsgaard

   The few slides introducing the BOF are available at
   http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/elce-2009/buildroot-bof.pdf

 * During the Technical Show Case during Friday lunch break
   http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/ELCE2009TechnicalShowcase.
   The goal is mainly to let people know that Buildroot is very active
   again and tell them about the latest improvements and the future
   work we're planning.

   Our poster is available at
   http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/elce-2009/buildroot-poster.pdf

Both the BOF and the showcase will be animated by Peter Korsgaard and
myself.

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.