[Buildroot] BB update Was: Build jobbing

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Sun Nov 29 10:23:28 UTC 2009

 >> That's imho fairly clearly not about basic setjmp/longjmp support.

 Michael> Only when you are thinking about building a compiler, but if
 Michael> instead you happen to be an applications programmer, who
 Michael> doesn't know or care how the compiler works internally...

Then he probably shouldn't be changing stuff under toolchain options ;)

 Michael> I only now recognize why it seems clear to you - because I did live
 Michael> on the gcc list once upon a time - not all of the buildroot users
 Michael> have that background.

Actually I haven't done much gcc development. The
BR2_GCC_USE_SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS option got added back in 2004 by Erik really
in beginning of BR development. I don't know of anything needing it
today.

In general, we try to use sensible defaults - If you don't understand an
option, just leave it at default.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard